Raw Vegan Lemon Raspberry Cheesecake
Simple and delicious
This is a really easy to make dessert that presents an alternative to that sweet tooth crave while taking care of your calorie intake. Also, if you're vegan and don't like cheese or milk, this dairy-free treat is perfect for you!
What you need:
- 3 cups almonds * see note
- 1 cup medjool dates pitted
- 1/2 cup unsweetened coconut shredded
- Pinch salt
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
Place almonds and salt and pulse until finely chopped. Add your coconut oil, shredded coconut and with the blade running add the dates one by one. Once everything is well mixed add the mixture to your cake tin and press firmly.
- 3 1/2 cups cashews * see note
- 1 cup lemon juice
- 2/3 cup agave syrup
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- zest of 2 lemons
- 1/2 cup raspberries (fresh or frozen) plus more for garnish
- Pinch salt
Place all the ingredients EXCEPT THE RASPBERRIES to your food processor and mix well. I recommend adding 1/2 cup lemon juice and then add to taste. Add the raspberries to the filling and then add to your crust (I crumbled them a little). Let it freeze for up to 4-5 hours or overnight. Before eating, let cool for at least 10 minutes before cutting and eating. Garnish with some more raspberries and almonds. Enjoy!
* Note: Always remember to soak your nuts. This will make it easier for your food processor.